JAPAN ADVENTURE

Welcome to Margie & Stan's Japan Adventure - our photo blog while living on MCAS Iwakuni in beautiful Yamaguchi Prefecture in Western Japan from 8/2004 to present. My photo above is the famous Kintai Bridge right here in Iwakuni. Be sure to check out Blog Archive (below left) for highlights of our travels. And leave us a comment - we'd love to hear from you! Click on photos to enlarge.
**WHEN YOU GET TO THE BOTTOM OF A PAGE, CLICK "Older Posts**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, September 16, 2004


This is Father Don Fix, a friend and associate of Tommy Betts. He is doing his Kareoke thing to New York, New York at the birthday party I attended last light. I promised to take picturdes, and here they (it) are. I forgot to take my camera so I asked one of the Japnaese guests to take Don's picture with her phone and email it to me. What are the odds that I would meet someone in the Marine Corp who knew one of my cousins in the Navy? Don and Tommy served together on the Enterprise.
Anyway, the party was very nice and a lot of fun. There was lemonade, beer, fruit, Japanese food, Mexican food, and Guigin food. I had some of the biggest, juciest, sweetest grapes I have ever tasted. They are grown here in Japan. We had the party at a local community center. The room was covered with tatami mats and we had to take off our shoes to enter. We sat at low tables and ate and drank and sang. No, I did not sing. No guts and not enough beer. I rode my bike to the party and had to ride it back so too much beer was not a good idea. Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Kim said...

OMG!! Your cousin served on the ENTERPRISE?! Are they KLINGON?! COOL! =)
Kim (not a geek) Cornett

Steph said...

Kim is *totally* a geek, and I am too - I was thinking the same thing - he served on the ENTERPRISE?? NCC-1701-C or D? Under Kirk or Picard? ;)

Sounds like you are having a great adventure over there. Sounds like a lot of fun. I hope that somebody else has a camera when you finally do get enough sake to sing. :D