JAPAN ADVENTURE

Welcome to Margie & Stan's Japan Adventure - our photo blog while living on MCAS Iwakuni in beautiful Yamaguchi Prefecture in Western Japan from 8/2004 to present. My photo above is the famous Kintai Bridge right here in Iwakuni. Be sure to check out Blog Archive (below left) for highlights of our travels. And leave us a comment - we'd love to hear from you! Click on photos to enlarge.
**WHEN YOU GET TO THE BOTTOM OF A PAGE, CLICK "Older Posts**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, September 26, 2011

After we paid our bill (about $400 - ALL inclusive - gotta love national healthcare!) we stopped in this nice coffee shop inside the hospital. I was still thirsty & iced coffee always satisfies me!


Here I am -sitting up & taking nourishment! All that water poured on my head has made my hair curl - but I've started embracing my curls in my old age . . .


Stan got us a sandwich (oops, we missed lunch!) and our coffees. Thanks!


Cute bunny origami on display in the hospital. This made me think of Barbara . . .


And a box and beach umbrellas. I can't imagine how long these take . . .


I took this picture outside the hospital so I would know where I had been!


Hiroshima City Hospital is a big, beautiful hospital!


And we took a taxi to the station - since we really didn't know where we were! Guess we'll see the museum another day, but perhaps we'll take a taxi to the top!


Beautiful sunset clouds from the window of the train.


And crossing a river after sunset.


I was feeling SO much better, so from Iwakuni Station we walked over to Monte Beer for a cool drink & dinner. I chose the salmon carpaccio - something COOL! And delicious . . .


Stan chose the home-made noodles that are not only HOT . . .


. . . but spicy hot!


Then we shared a cool dessert.


We walked back over to the train station to catch a taxi - (no biking home for me!), but first some fresh flowers. But not these - I think they're beautiful, but I'm very sensitive to them - they always make my throat burn, my eyes water & make me cough . . .

No comments: