JAPAN ADVENTURE

Welcome to Margie & Stan's Japan Adventure - our photo blog while living on MCAS Iwakuni in beautiful Yamaguchi Prefecture in Western Japan from 8/2004 to present. My photo above is the famous Kintai Bridge right here in Iwakuni. Be sure to check out Blog Archive (below left) for highlights of our travels. And leave us a comment - we'd love to hear from you! Click on photos to enlarge.
**WHEN YOU GET TO THE BOTTOM OF A PAGE, CLICK "Older Posts**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Old stone torii gate across the street from the Beach in Yuu, along Hwy 188.


We've stopped at the "new" beach area for ice cream. Mine's chocolate (of course) and Stan's is caramel. I love Japanese ice cream - it's actually made from real ingredients & tastes like it. Yum!


Back outside the Monzen Gate entrance to MCAS. Lotus fields waiting for their new crop . . .


I bought a few pots of miniature flowers to remind me that Spring is on the way. It's working . . . and the tiny roses are SOOOO fragrant!


And after I emptied my pockets of sea glass & sea china that we picked up on the beach, I added it to my existing collection. Beautiful! One day, I'd like to use the flat pieces to create a table top or counter top . . . Won't that be amazing???

1 comment:

Steph said...

I love the sea glass/china collection! Great idea to do a mosaic table top. I'd like to see that if/when you get around to it. If you don't have enough for that, or want to start with something small first for a practice project, try a trivet.