JAPAN ADVENTURE

Welcome to Margie & Stan's Japan Adventure - our photo blog while living on MCAS Iwakuni in beautiful Yamaguchi Prefecture in Western Japan from 8/2004 to present. My photo above is the famous Kintai Bridge right here in Iwakuni. Be sure to check out Blog Archive (below left) for highlights of our travels. And leave us a comment - we'd love to hear from you! Click on photos to enlarge.
**WHEN YOU GET TO THE BOTTOM OF A PAGE, CLICK "Older Posts**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, October 29, 2010

And here are the two rama (or ranma or ramma) window panels I bought. (Looks weird, because they're standing on end against closet doors, and I rotated the photo!) These two are different from any others I have, and we have not yet hung them. Aren't they beautiful?


I really didn't intend to buy 2, but I fell in love with one, and Masako-san showed me the second one of the set . . . What really sealed the deal, was when she showed me they represent Miyajima Island! Each rama has 2 panels, so there are 4 different scenes of famous Miyajima landmarks.






No comments: