JAPAN ADVENTURE

Welcome to Margie & Stan's Japan Adventure - our photo blog while living on MCAS Iwakuni in beautiful Yamaguchi Prefecture in Western Japan from 8/2004 to present. My photo above is the famous Kintai Bridge right here in Iwakuni. Be sure to check out Blog Archive (below left) for highlights of our travels. And leave us a comment - we'd love to hear from you! Click on photos to enlarge.
**WHEN YOU GET TO THE BOTTOM OF A PAGE, CLICK "Older Posts**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Colorful banners at Oogata Shrine.


Featured at this shrine is the famous "Princess Rock" which signifies, uh, a private part of female anatomy . . . which Oprah refers to as the "VJJ" (even our guide Taka was a little embarrassed to tell us about it, but didn't want us to miss it!) I told Taka that I was surprised at the graphic images I'd seen online of the Fertility Festival because the Japanese are normally VERY modest, and he said he didn't even know this event existed until he went to work for the travel service on our air station. So, here we go . . .


I don't think I would EVER recognize this, if I didn't know what it is supposed to represent.


I love the beautiful and colorful origami crane streamers.


Another beautiful building.

When you get to the bottom of the page, click "Older Posts" below to see more!

No comments: