JAPAN ADVENTURE

Welcome to Margie & Stan's Japan Adventure - our photo blog while living on MCAS Iwakuni in beautiful Yamaguchi Prefecture in Western Japan from 8/2004 to present. My photo above is the famous Kintai Bridge right here in Iwakuni. Be sure to check out Blog Archive (below left) for highlights of our travels. And leave us a comment - we'd love to hear from you! Click on photos to enlarge.
**WHEN YOU GET TO THE BOTTOM OF A PAGE, CLICK "Older Posts**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Cute little girls watching through plexiglass from the floor above.


Another family enjoys the festivities. I imagine one of the contestants is the children's grampa.


And finally -- out comes #1. The cute Japanese MCs asked lots of questions that I could not understand, and the men gave answers that I also could not understand! Once in a while there was a word I recognized. I figured out each was being asked where he was from, how old he was, what he did for living (or used to do -- most were probably retired since people in Japan retire at 60), how long he's had facial hair, and what product he used to groom his moustache (or beard). I heard one man answer "mascara."


#2 seemed very nervous.

#3 didn't have much facial hair at all, but nice long hair!

No comments: