JAPAN ADVENTURE

Welcome to Margie & Stan's Japan Adventure - our photo blog while living on MCAS Iwakuni in beautiful Yamaguchi Prefecture in Western Japan from 8/2004 to present. My photo above is the famous Kintai Bridge right here in Iwakuni. Be sure to check out Blog Archive (below left) for highlights of our travels. And leave us a comment - we'd love to hear from you! Click on photos to enlarge.
**WHEN YOU GET TO THE BOTTOM OF A PAGE, CLICK "Older Posts**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Here I am relaxing in this fancy, comfortable dental chair after I swallowed 2 very small (very fast-working) painkillers. (I don't know what they are, but I LOVE them!) I'm also thrilled there's a "spit basin" -- haven't seen one of these in a while.



















I'm cozy under this lap blanket that's provided for every patient. Dr Murakami apologized for the X-ray room being cold. He speaks beautiful English, but he's the only one in the office who does. The dental office is lined with dental chairs, like a ward. Good use of space! After taking an X-ray, Dr Murakami recommended we NOT pull the tooth root since it was healthy, but instead use it to help support a new bridge. This sounded reasonable, so I decided to have him do my bridge work, and have the cosmetic work only done while we are in Thailand. Did I mention that we're going to Thailand for Christmas? We're leaving Thursday 12/20, so my bridge work will be completed after the New Year, when we return.





















As you come in the front door, shoes are removed & left here.

No comments: