JAPAN ADVENTURE

Welcome to Margie & Stan's Japan Adventure - our photo blog while living on MCAS Iwakuni in beautiful Yamaguchi Prefecture in Western Japan from 8/2004 to present. My photo above is the famous Kintai Bridge right here in Iwakuni. Be sure to check out Blog Archive (below left) for highlights of our travels. And leave us a comment - we'd love to hear from you! Click on photos to enlarge.
**WHEN YOU GET TO THE BOTTOM OF A PAGE, CLICK "Older Posts**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, November 01, 2007



Now, at 3 months post-op, I’m thinking about doing it all over again next summer with my left knee. Not having constant pain in my right knee is glorious and I dream of being able to stand and walk totally pain-free! Although it was scary at first, and I can’t yet navigate my 2-wheeler, I’m riding my 3-wheeler and getting everywhere I want to go. It's perfect therapy for me, and I’m back in the pool 4-5 days a week - I believe that physical therapy NEVER ENDS! and my confidence level is increasing every day.




















So, that’s it. It’s a long story (sorry!), but you know me – details, details, details and I hope you take away something from this. Before I had surgery, I did a LOT of research, and could find no narrative of anyone who had a TKR experience, so I wanted to share mine. I have absolutely NO regrets, although it was very rough for a while, and (yet another!) lesson in patience for me. I totally recommend NOT waiting for TKR when arthritis pain interferes with your lifestyle. I’m just not ready to sit down and miss out on life yet – I have too much left to enjoy! Thanks to all of you who took care of me, sent cards, called, prayed, and thought of me during my surgery and recovery. ~ Margie Stevens

No comments: